What Homemaking is Not…

 You have been hearing me talk a lot about homemaking lately so today I thought I would clarify what I think homemaking is and what is not.

To me homemaking is not the same as a stay at home wife/mother even though that’s what most (probably all) people think of when they hear homemaker.

I will touch briefly in feminine and masculine but I will write more in depth about it later on.

You have probably heard the saying “the man builds the home and the woman creates it”. This makes me think that yes, we are different, with different gifts and qualities -men & woman- masculine (provide, protect, guide) & feminine (nurture beautify, create)- yet we compliment each other perfectly specially in the making of a home.

We are both,in our own way, homemaking. The man with his masculine qualities and the woman with her feminine ones are in this beautiful and delicate dance of building and creating a home and that home is and will be the foundation of the family.

All of my homemaking tips apply to both the man and the woman because they can be applied to the masculine and the feminine qualities of each (Just adapt them). Go back to my “what really is homemaking” and you will understand more because I talk of the other areas to focus on like relationships and personal.

I will be talking more on the feminine, because well my little one I am a woman and you are a girl.

But I do hope and pray that someday the person you are dating and want to marry knows this principles as well. You need to have talked about them, before you fall head over heals. Because like I said before homemaking is both for the man and the woman, since they will be bulding and creating in unison the foundation of the family, the home.

You need to keep in mind the family needs a strong sturdy foundation because a shaky foundation will not withhold the pressure, stress, and tests of life. Yes we live in a fallen world, your partner will not be perfect, you will not be perfect, things will happen, our egos will get in the way, raising and guiding little souls you have been entrusted with is not easy fiscally, mentally, or emotionally; there will be money issues, house payments, budgeting, work, etc. heavenly assignments will be sent to help us grow, learn, and get closer to God. So you both need to be on the same page when it comes to HOMEMAKING, like I have said many times: the building and creating of that foundation for the family we call home.

Like on my previous letters I have said homemaking is NOT only about cleaning and basics BUT also the relational and personal part as well we need to build and take care of.

No, you don’t need to be married or even dating to start applying these principles; when you friends ask, no you don’t need to be a woman to apply these principles either, like I said before men need to learn these principles too; no, you dont need to be a stay at home wife/mom, working women need to know and apply all these principles as well.

So little one get ready because I will be expanding more on this topic that I wish I had learned growing up. But with life I have come to learn them and their importance (and are still learning… probably until the end of my time on this beautiful world) keep in mins some of these principles come easy to us and others are much harder for us, but they are equally important.

And as always little one share this with all those people you love and that you think could benefit from my words to you

With love,

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...