Evidence of a life well lived

With this I say good bye for the Holidays to social media but the blog will remain active
I want evidence of a Holiday well lived and when I am 90 I will be celebrating :
- not because I had a spotless house each day but the beautiful mess I made while living
-it wont be because I looked perfect & my hair was beautifully done but because I rolled down the windows, felt the cold air in my face & sang out loud to christmas music
-it wont be because I hustled and logged long hours of work but because I had countless hours laughing with friends & family
-it wont be because I crossed off all my to do lists or did more in a day than a normal person could do in a week but because I took time to look at a leaf, stare at the stars, sipped hot cocoa, held my child's hand & slowly walked wit her intead of rushing around.
-it won't be because o the degrees decorating my wall but because I followed my heart, passions, & the longing of my soul
-it wont be because I worried about every food out there & counted all my calories but because  I cooked delicious meals to share with my loved ones & trully savored each bite.
- it wont be because got all the latest gadgets & shopped my emotions away but be because i gave & focused on the simple things in life like love, kindness &  laughter
-it wont be because I used expensive efforts to prevent aging but because I embraced every single wrinkle as memories of a life trully lived with sorrows, worries, and joys
-it wont be because I kept over thinking, recounting my failures, and what I could/should have done differently but focused on the now intead & let go of regret & the past
-it wont be because I focused on all the ways my loved ones lacked and failed or didn'measure up to my expectations but because of how i focused on loving them no matter what, looked for the good, & actively seeked hugs, kisses & laughter
-it wont be because I am perfect but because I tried
- it wont be because I scrolled endlessly in social media or was constantly on my phone but because my hands were free and I was able to notice people, things, and moments that will create memories
What will your 90 year old self celebrate you doing?

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...