The unspoken message of baked goods

 On monday we baked pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and bread for snacks.

We used the pumpkins from our fall decoration, I always cook them after fall is done and freeze the pure for later in the year. I find that that it is way more cost effective to make my own snacks and I can use it as a way to spend quality time and make memories with my little one.

There’s nothing wrong with the mama’s that buy snacks (I also have a stash of granola and apple sauce pouches) but I have always wanted to be that mom and eventually that grandma that always has bakes goodies for her loved ones and when they get to my home I can serve them a slice of my love in a plate along with a cup of tea or coffee.

There’s an unspoken message, I think, that baked goods carry they say I took time out of my schedule for just you, I took time to find a recipe, to gather the ingredients, mix them, keep an eye on the oven, etc- just for you because you matter, I care about you, and I love you.

It is fun to have oreos every once in a while but they don’t carry the same message. It makes my heart smile when I pack a muffin in my little one’s lunch box knowing that when she opens it memories of our time together will rush back to meet her, she will feel my love and care for her, and we will share a moment -a secret smile- as she sits surrounded by friends in the school lunch room.

It is fun when we look back and see the memories imprinted in flavors and smells… in just one whiff or bite it’s like we have been transported to that moment in time, we feel that same joy and love once more.

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...