Lent

 Today I will be saying “Good Bye” to social media for the next 40 days.

Just like Jesus went to the desert and abstained from worldly things to deepen his prayer life, connection, and face temptation as Christians we are called to do the same in preparation of the most important time in our Faith.

Lent is not just giving up meet on Friday’s but also abstaining from things that cloud us and distract us from the most important things.

We are called to go deep and become honest with ourselves, to grow, to give up unhealthy habits (gossiping, judging, social media, comparison, self criticism, alcohol, mindless shopping, sugar…) and face the demons and temptations of worldly addictions that lead us astray, we are called back to the foundations of our faith by helping us turn from the things of this world to God—from that which will never truly satisfy, to the only one who does.

I would like to invite you all to join me in using the next 40 days as a re-set and grow in what ever areas you feel called to.

If you would like to keep seeing my flower pictures follow my page on Facebook @fleurdelisgp (I will update that page only) and if you want to keep reading my musings and writings I will probably keep the blog going

Wishing you all a beautiful Lenten season of growth!

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...