Waste naught, want naught…

 

Waste naught, want naught

We had family come for a surprise visit for a week and a half and we didn’t follow our meal plan or food burdget at all and that is OK, life happens, sometimes you fall off the budget and that is why budgeting works it allows for those flex times without having to worry! Besides for us family is one of our top values so spending more time with them is worth it.  We will get back to it next week.

But now is when the saying “Waste naught, want naught” comes in! Yes we could have thrown away the sad veggies that were left behind and gotten new ones but we are called to be good stewards of our blessings and that includes the people in our lives, food, money, and things.

I accept sometimes there is nothing you can do like the 2 cucumbers I chucked because they turned liquid in the back of the fridge (good thing they were in a plastic bag) but the rest we used up right away in a crazy veggie scramble eggs, dinner sides/lunch today, and the giant zucchini I cut up the bad parts and made it made us not one but two glorious chocolate chip zucchini bread (recipe on my blog just go in the search bar, I shared it last year!) Now we have snacks and desserts.

I have learned since embarking on a more frugal and minimalish journey to shop my fridge/freezer/pantry first, get creative cooking, and how every little bit matters, so if we are not using it to the freezer it goes for another time.

I’m curious do you guys have any more tips you’d like to share with us? 

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...