Oh Lavender...

 


Today we made lavender sugar scrubs.

It was a sweet and magical time spent together. Laughing and dancing in the kitchen, just you and me, surrounded by one of our favorite smells.

I wonder if someday when you are older, and I am a mere memory, the smell of lavender will transport you to your childhood…

To those days spent picking lavender in the stunning fields, the sound of the bees like a wild river while you were hunting for grasshoppers, watching your mama cut meticulously and almost ritual like each stem and placing it on a basket to later delicately arrange them in her flowers, the jazz playing, the sound of laughter, and sweet aroma of making sugar lavender scrubs to then run to the sink to try them, and later drowsing into a land of dreams after having your pillow sprayed with that comforting smell.

To me smells can instantly transport me places and flood my mind and heart with memories.

I wonder if lavender will be one of those smells for you …

Lavender Pillow Spray

1 ounce (2 tablespoons) witch hazel

10 drops lavender essential oil.

3 ounces (6 tablespoons) water.

Small funnel.

Spray bottle

*shake before using

I use Plant Therapy essential oils not only because they sponsor my blog, I have used them for years at our house. They are 100% pure, very affordable, they are tested for quality, and offer free delivery and returns! I have also used Doterra but PT are just as good and wont break the bank!

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...