Our tiny apartment

 


We live in a tiny apartment and one of the reasons I kept giving myself for feeding my discontent was that it is too small to welcome people.

But as years have gone by and God has made it clear THIS is home, even though we have tried looking for a house to buy with no luck. It has given me a chance to work on my mind set, to make peace with it, to look for the possitives, and remind myself how I feel is created by the thoughts in my head the apt is neutral.

So I have stopped giving into the excuses. The size of a home should not stop us from welcoming loved ones, from giving their weary souls a place to rest, to get together, to enjoy our short time on this earth with family and friends sharing stories of the “olden days” (like my kid calls them) and laughing.

Our homes are our ministry, it is how we show love and soemtimes guide people to heaven. This little apartment has seen joy and un measurable grief, We have gathered here to celebrate and to mourn. The doors beckoned loved ones as soon as heart braking news came to them because in this little place they found comfort, same can be said for the mamas of littles that need a break and have found relief in these walls along with a cup of tea and baked goodies, and also for celebrating joyful news popping a bottle of champagne and clinking of glasses.

We have fit here growing families with lots of littles and this weekend almost All our traveling family members, if you know our family you can understand what I am talking about.

Now I just stare at my little home and smile because it is not too small, it is actually perfect.

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...