the little signs of normalcy…

 “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

Marcel Proust

Right now I am grateful for and welcome all the little signs of normalcy that make me smile…

Like finding the traditional peanuts that are left in my planters, and long forgotten ones that were dug deep in my flowers I get to find randomly as I spent some time gardening, and peanut shells on my doorstep (is that a hint?!). All these greet me each year in the spring for the past 5 years or so?! They are left by the little squirrel, “Mr. Peanuts”, that lives in our neighbors pine tree. The sight of it brings smiles every day as we sit together while having breakfast and provides plenty of entertainment during the day with it’s shenanigans.

Even though it’s an animal and not a person like the quote says, I still consider it a gardener that makes my soul blossom, specially during this weird times we’re living of anxiety and uncertainty.

What little things are bringing you joy at the moment?

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...