I believe that an ordinary life can be extraordinary, there is beauty in imperfection, that joy comes from faith, romance can be found in the everyday, and life is a beautiful journey.
Watch “Spring rain in the “Country Cottage” Gardens” on YouTube
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Join us for a garden tour in a Spring rainy afternoon!
Today we made lavender sugar scrubs. It was a sweet and magical time spent together. Laughing and dancing in the kitchen, just you and me, surrounded by one of our favorite smells. I wonder if someday when you are older, and I am a mere memory, the smell of lavender will transport you to your childhood… To those days spent picking lavender in the stunning fields, the sound of the bees like a wild river while you were hunting for grasshoppers, watching your mama cut meticulously and almost ritual like each stem and placing it on a basket to later delicately arrange them in her flowers, the jazz playing, the sound of laughter, and sweet aroma of making sugar lavender scrubs to then run to the sink to try them, and later drowsing into a land of dreams after having your pillow sprayed with that comforting smell. To me smells can instantly transport me places and flood my mind and heart with memories. I wonder if lavender will be one of those smells for you … Lavender Pillow Spray 1 o...
Yesterday I voiced my disappointment on the superbowl half time show and as I was reading the comments on facebook someone from my past said something that triggered me, something along the lines of who are you to talk. It sent me on a spiral but then I stopped and really thought about it. Yes, I used to be different, I used to be consumed by the misguided culture, I fell into the trap of finding my identity and my idea of happiness outside of me, drinking even though it made me sick in order to feel like I fit in, allowing abusive friendships and relationships and accept crumbs because I was looking for some kind of love and acceptance. It wasn’t until I realized the peace and happiness I was looking for was no where to be found that I stopped and and took a good look at my life, my actions, my beliefs… me. I realized I am worth more than that, I am worthy of real wholesome friendships that build not mock, destroy, and bully. I am worthy a man that loves and accepts me for who I...
Love is in the little details, it’s in the sacrifices, it’s in the slow and mundane, it’s in being present and listening when they speak, it’s in the silent prayers, it’s in noticing what they like and don’t like, it’s trying again over and over when we fall short or mess up, it’s in knowing when to take over and do things because they need a break or need help. It is not just one day out of the year but shown every day in the simple, the big, the monotonous, and the hard things we do. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away...