Getting your home ready

 As the weather gets nicer and sunny days grow longer, I start to feel the pang of longing for a little house with a garden to call my own.

I know in times like this is when I must manage my thoughts more carefully and put my mind on a leash because unchecked thoughts will drag us into despair, resentment, bitterness, and sadness. So instead I focus on gratitude: I have an appartment to live in, I have electricity, hot water, food, safety… I am truly blessed.

When this happens I know that it is the perfect time to breathe new life into my little home amd I get it ready for the next season. This is something that makes me extremely happy, just to go through the home fluffing it and freshening it up.

I want to instill in you my little one this pattern of fluffing, tending, caring, and blessing your home (you have done a great job with your night stand I’ll share the picture below).

I think when we do this it makes such a difference not only in the atmosphere of the home but also in the attitude of our those inside our homes. And it is why it is extra important for me to focus on making our home beautiful and extra inviting since we don’t really have an “outside” area.

I do love to beautify our space for each season. I have learned that to decorate doesn’t mean buying the latest and greatest from Target or Hobby Loby (although they do have cute stuff), it means opening my eyes to what I have, to what the world around me is offering, and bringing the outside in… when we bring the outdoors into our homes it makes it a beautiful and fun inbetween place to be in because there is something full of life to look at… by bringing the outside in I am ofcourse talking about flowers!

I love flowers, I get to celebrate the beauty that comes from nature by bring it into my home. Many people wonder are fresh flowers worth it? My answer is YES yes yes absolutely!

People normaly would not consider flowers practical, I get it they are not food or a gadget to make life “easier”… but they feed our soul with their beauty. I have learned that first hand after my my PPD! And honestly I think it doesn’t matter how hard people work or whether they have a lot of money or not, if something like flowers can be a source of joy then that is worth it.

It is so valuable for us humans to pause and focus on something beautiful purely for the sake of beauty. It is something our hearts and souls need to thrive. And I think that is what masculine energy finds so intoxicating, our femenine genious has the ability to make everything around us beautiful.

So I want to inspire you to cultivate that beauty, make your surroundings as beautiful and inviting as possible, whether its your dream home, a rental appartment, or just a room. Fluff it, tend it, bless it, have it be a reflection of you, of the things you love, that create peace in your soul, that you find beautiful, that make you smile, and bring you joy.

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...