Home blessings

We are still surrounded by smoke, in a state of tension, watching as the fires take out our towns and beautiful state, seeing the ashes fall like snow out our windows, praying for an end to this (and to 2020 let’s be honest lol)

So decided there is not better way to spend our Sunday than than with family.

It is funny the faces people make when I say my favorite part of hosting people at our home for meals is the clean up after and I actually mean it.

There is something so rewarding about tending to my home after. I call it blessings the house, it’s almost a type of meditative process where I cherish every single aspect of our time together and our blessings, where I bask in the goodness of God, and fill the time with silent Thanksgiving.

I savor the slow actions of
* rinsing of the plates, the warm water splashing my hands, the traces of food and reminders of full bellies
* putting left overs and ingredientes lovingly in the fridge as I plan on ways to be a good steward and using them again
* cleaning and sweeping the small kitchen, more like tiny kitchen, that still allows us to cook food to feed our family
* the smell of my essential oil cleaner as I wipe down the table remembering the laughter and stories shared around it, not just this time but all the previous times as well
* the monotonous sound of the dishwasher as it makes my homemaking so much easier
* as I turn off the lights I’m aware of the electricity that makes it all possible
* when I light a candle filling the air with a beautiful smell as all the process of reset is complete


Today, this process is more meaningful than ever because as I tend to my house, and shower it with love, I can’t help but think of all those who have lost theirs and the many unknowns that surround us, like: could mine be next? Will we be asked to grab a few things (or not even have time to) and run? It is sobering knowing the possibility is there (I guess in a way it has always been there but now is more tangieble)

So as I bless my home today I am just going to focus on that, the blessing, that it is and how “I GET TO” clean it and take care of it.


Let’s not forget in the humdrum of every day life this gift we are given.

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...