Skip to main content

The one and only best roasted chicken

 Yes, I know, I am opening the vault! I am in fact revealing one of my powerhouses… once I share this the secret I know it will be out, in the wide open air, for anyone and everyone to replicate but that is ok.

What is this magnificent secret you say?

My sweet Potato, lemon, and garlic chicken!

There I said it, and yes this recipe has been kept a secret because IT IS THAT GOOD! But don’t fear you can now prepare it at home and wow everyone around you.

One thing though the sweet potato was a happy accident, when I first went to prepare this dish I realized, ohhhh no, I’m out of potatoes how can you make a roasted chicken with no potatoes sacrilege!

Slight exageration, but not really, when I was staring only at sweet potatoes in front of me. That is when figured oh well, let’s roll withis this and see…

And with that was born the perfect combination of tart, sweet, mind blowing dish that more than once guests ended up eating 3rds and 4ths and even suking the bones dry.

Ready?!

I will share a fun video of the cooking progress and even a few takes of getting down and dirty in “The Country Cottage” gardens digging up garlic!

Best Roasted Chicken EVER

Ingredients

1 (5 to 6-pound) roasting chicken

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

4 lemons

3 heads garlic, cut in 1/2 crosswise

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 large sweet potato (or more) cut into small cubes but not too small

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
  • Remove the chicken giblets and everything from the cavity. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry.
  • Cut sweet potato and lemon, peel garlic claves, and place at the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
  • Fold the wings back to give it some hight. Stuff the cavity with 1 lemon, halved, and 2 halves of the garlic. Don’t forget to tie the leg bones together with twine.
  • Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • Roast the chicken for 1.5 hours or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh
  • And voilĂ !

Bonne Apetite!

We hope you enjoy it and pin this recipe for later! Oh and if you want more videos make sure to like this one and subscribe to our YouTube channel

Luz

Not all were big…

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...