Our Home...

 “I believe that a godly home is a foretaste of heaven. Our homes, imperfect as they are, must be a haven from the chaos outside. They should be a reflection of our eternal home, where troubled souls find peace, weary hearts find rest, hungry bodies find refreshment, lonely pilgrims find communion, and wounded spirits find compassion.” Jani Ortlund

Sometimes I need a little reminder that I create a home with a mindset of paying attention to the little details like the flowers I choose to decorate with, the music that plays in the background, the candle burning in the mantle, the baked or packaged treats to have with tea or coffee, the home-cooked meals or take out shared around the table with a beautiful glass of wine and laughter echoing, the smile I have waiting as I greet the loved ones who come into my home.

I want my home to be a happy place and a little piece of heaven for my family and friends to rest their wereary souls, a breath of fresh air from this crazy world.


And I so desperately hope my little one you are inspired by me to do the same when you grow up. To realize how important it is to be a homemaker, even if you work outside the home, of how the atmosphere of the home can uplift and make a difference in someone’s day and life and help them feel welcomed, loved, cared for… because you can open your house to people but it is in the atmosphere and attitude that make them feel at ease, like they are truly welcomed, comfortable, that they are in a home not just a house.

I’m curious, share with me,  was there a place where you felt that? And that has for ever stayed in your memory? What was it that made such a difference for you? Let’s reminisce together pretending were sitting over a plate of cookies and a cup of tea

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...