Potato planting day

 

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.
— Alfred Austin

It was a planting potatoes kind of day at  “The Country Cottage” so much knowledge from so many generations. What a gift to be able to witness that and get to live it by being one more link in the chain…

Being a city girl myself now I understand why so many people I’ve talked to that came from cities once they have a taste of the slow country living they never want to go back.

The fresh air, living by the seasons, the sun, hands in the dirt, seing the garden grow, picking the fruits of your labor, the excitement of the first blooms, tasting the mind-blowing flavors of the garden… I have never tasted a tomato as good as the one picked right off the vine warm from the sun.

It all somehow brings your soul to life.

Luz

If you are interested in gardening books for kids head on over to my Usborne book shop they are amazing books! They have them for every age, my kid looooves them

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...