Gingerbread House then and now

 Yesterday we decorated our gingerbread house and I was amazed at realizing how different the experience is from years past…

Our experiences in life really depends on our thoughts. I have proven this to myself when making gingerbread houses. I used to dread this tradition because I wanted it all perfect, not to eat the candy because it was to decorate the house and would make her act crazy, not make too much of a mess, it “should be” like what ever was in my head and it ended up being different than that ideal in my head and I would end up frustrated, bitter, angry, end up snapping at people and making it a terrible time for everyone.

Now I love it! because I know the thought/feeling/action connection (all feelings are created by what we are thinking and that results in us acting a certain way- best news ever- because we can be aware of our thoughts and stories we are telling ourselves and change them in order to feel what we want to feel intead) I decided on purpose to let go of thoughts of what I thought it “should be” or “shouldn’t be” like, let go of perfection and relax let the mess happen, laugh about the crazy sugar consumption, and have fun.

The interesting and fascinating thing is that: it is the same tradition, the same people, the same candy, the same house… how come I went from dreading and disliking something to loving it and looking forward to it? what changed?

ME! my thoughts, the story I was telling myself, nothing outside of me changed. It proved that what I wanted all along in the end was a feeling and nothing/no one out there can give it to me, it is all inside- my thinking- I stopped outsourcing my emotions and creating them with my thoughts.

I realized I have a choice: to be the crazy uptight parent, dread this tradition, and focus on all the negative OR act like a kid, get covered in frosting, join in the fun, laugh about the sugar meltdowns, and focus on all the good instead…

We really perceive our life according to the glasses we choose to wear and those glasses depend on our thinking, so be aware, choose wisely and on purpose, and you will see your life completely change and your experience of it as well, it is truly magical ðŸ¥° It is so fun to see and experience the change!

Hope this helps make not only your holidays magical but your life as well

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...