As 2019 comes to an end

 Lately I have been dealing with a massive trigger but then as I journaled I realized this year God has presented me with numerous triggers, challenges to face, and ways for me to grow not only as a person but closer to Him.This year I’ve been sent to my knees over and over, I have learned to pray and offer up my pain, work on my thoughts, learned what is to really sit with my feelings, let go of expectations, face and shine a light on my darkness, be resourceful & built a business, grew friendships, found joy in simplicity, let go of habits like alcohol that with such triggers could have sent me in a dark path, and I have shattered numerous glass ceilings.This year had a lot of literal and figurative blood, sweat and tears, it feels like and was actually cut open and stitched back together, and not only my skin but also my soul have become more resilient with the beautiful scars.I kept saying that this year was really hard but I am actually celebrating that it has been the best year in my life because I learned what it means to truly embrace life.I learned to let go of the resistance that causes suffering when things didn’t go the way they “should be” I realized living is not about things being perfect all the time, to not have struggles, but the joy of living is embracing all of life: the crazy, the painful, the triggers, the mistakes, the emotions, the sadness, the disappointment, the frustration, the joy, the elation, the happy moments… they are all part of lifeThis year I learned to let go of control and trust God, and I’ve learned the power found in surrendering to the Holy Spirit’s guidance in this prayer “I surrender this … please help me see it (or I am willing to see it) differently”.This year taught me how to proper order of things in life, wants vs needs, the importance of what really matters in the end and how things I thought were big deal and important really are not that important or at all important in the grand scheme of things (Colossians 3 : Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things…)As 2019 comes to an end I choose to instead of focusing on the bad and challenges that happened to gleaning at the gifts and celebrate all the good things that happened… and I am specially celebrating my resilience!Luz


Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...