Let's Cultivate Joy!

Hello everyone, I have decided to re-name my blog to "Cultivating Joy" because as I was looking for a better way to describe my purpose I opened the dictionary and read the definition for cultivate and I knew that's exactly what I would like to inspire
cul·ti·vate
/ˈkəltəˌvāt/
verb
verb: cultivate; 3rd person present: cultivates; past tense: cultivated; past participle: cultivated; gerund or present participle: cultivating
  1. 2.
    try to acquire or develop (a quality, sentiment, or skill).

    "he cultivated an air of indifference"

    synonyms:try to acquire, pursuecourt
    try to develop, work hard at, fosternurtureencourage
    "her father had cultivated Maud's friendship"

And just like my Instagram it will be a life style blog mainly targeted to women because we can be so hard on ourselves, tend to feel stuck in life like we are living ground hog day over and over, reacting and dreading our days, absorbing the world pressures, struggling with anxiety, perfection, and guilt. I have been there and I went from feeling all the things I listed above, landing in the ER on a Christmas night with heart attack/heart palpitations that where out of control and getting my heart literally stopped for a number of seconds, being put on 100mg (and more if needed) of heart medicine for life, going through terrible losses and indescribable grief... to becoming a woman who is at ease, filled with joy, loving life, and no longer needing heart medicine (to the surprise of all my doctors). Even though my target audience is women I still feel like men would benefit as well from the tips and challenges that I will be sharing :) so if you are a guy welcome and hope you enjoy your time here in the blog.

I am hoping that this blog will be a little reprieve and refuge from the pressures of the world and that I can be the light that will inspire you though with my words, tips, photos, and challenges to cultivate more joy in your every day and fall in love with your lives. 

I will be sharing about faith and using the word God and I know we might have different faith backgrounds which is something I love, but I wanted t make sure that you don't feel like I am shoving my faith down your throat and you don't apply this principles because of those differences; so feel free to apply them your personal belief systems by changing the name to universe, spirit, light, love, inner guide, etc but I do want to highlight that faith is important, no matter what you call it, believing that there is an entity far more powerful than us that is pure love, always watching out for us and in control is a very important part of finding and cultivating joy in our lives

As always you can find me on Instagram @luz_voehl 
and if you participate in any of my cultivating joy challenges please tag me @luz_voehl and hashtag #letscultivatejoy


I hope you enjoy my blog and please share!

I welcome comments :) but please be courteous if you disagree with something I share (some topics might trigger interesting conversations) and lets keep this space positive and encouraging!


Luz!

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...