A night of fun making natural goodies

Yesterday during my morning journaling I was exploring how I was in need of a break, my soul was begging for connection, motherhood even though it is  satisfying it can be draining and I was looking forward to a mom's night out. 

And then life happened, I drove around delivering flowers, playdate at the splash pad, drove over an hour for an ER dentist visit to fix a broken tooth, and when I got home all I wanted to do was plop on the couch and space out on my phone. 

But thanks to my years of inner growth I realized that would have been what I call a "faux pleasure" - some thing that feels good in the moment, going with our mood, but is not necessarily good for us or truly satisfying in the end, and leaves us feeling guilty and blah ( like when I eat the whole pack of oreos, feels good in the moment but not so much after) instead of a "true pleasure"- when we follow up on what our soul is really asking for, what is good for us, what will truly satisfy (most times is really hard to make this choice lol). 

I am so glad I picked the latter, I had a great time making lots of fun things with @lavenderblueessentials (natural bug spray, after sun spray, and oil blend to diffuse in smoky days), meeting new friends, tried the most amazing lemon cookies, having great conversations, and sharing laughs until my belly hurt.

 I went from being drained exhausted to happy tired instead 💕 

have you noticed the difference between faux pleasure and true pleasure?!

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...