Paper Boats of Summer

 

Some details in life may look insignificant but appear to be vital leitmotifs in a person’s life. They may have the value of “Rosebuds” of Citizen Kane or “Madeleine cookies” of Marcel Proust or “Strawberry fields” of the Beatles. People regularly walk down the memory lane of their early youth. The paper boats of their childhood are recurrently floating on the waves of their mind and bring back the mood and the spirit of the early days. They enable us to retreat from the trivial, daily worries and can generate delightful bliss and true joy in a sometimes frantic and chaotic life. (“Paper boats forever” )

Erik Pevernagie


One of our favorite memories, paper boat, from this summer will be picking and munching on berries gifted by the fairies that live in the fairy house we bult in our little strawberry patch.

I am comstantlt reminding myself to focus on the good, on the beauty, on the love… no matter what or how hard it might seem, there is always something to be thankful for and blessings raining all around me… all I have to do is stop and look, just notice, and are always surprised!

My mantra for this month: before I do or say anything pass it through the filter “does it feel like love?”

Luz

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...