The fears around my art

As I finish painting my last commission for Valentine's day 😍 I have been pondering of the quote from E.E. Cummings

 "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." 

And how there was so much fear around my art, what if people don't like it, what if it doesn't sell, what are people going to say? Am I good enough? Do I need to pick a theme and stick to it in order to be successful? etc etc... but what I realized is it's in the end it doesn't really matter, none of those fears really mattered. I realized I paint because it makes me happy, it fills my soul, it gives me joy and if it sells great and if it doesn't thats great too because in the process I had fun, I learned, I explored, I grew. We are here in this world to love, help, and be kind, and to live... not to be kept hostage by our fears and doubts. When I am close to the end of my life I want to be able to look back and feel proud that I didn't let my fears stop me from truly experiencing life, exploring, growing, inspiring, loving, helping, being kind, being generous, and filling the world with beauty that brings joy and points to God ... success is in the mind and as long as I am listening to my soul I am successful even if it doesn't fit the worldly definition of success.

Your turn! what are your fears and how are they keeping you from living the life you were meant to live?


Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...