Oh, Roses...

Oh May... for me, the month of roses...

After the craziness of April ending with the loss of my mom in quite an unexpected way, I have found myself not only facing Mother's day this weekend but also getting over the most horrible stomach bug that hit our family in years, it took us all out for almost a week.

So, I found myself trying to keep my rose colored sunglasses, to look for the beauty in every day, the wimsical, the lovely. And when I can't find it, I make it my challenge to create it, because life is too short to live in survival mode, blah, and frankly there is so much yuck out in the world now. We need a reprieve, we need beauty, little pockets of whimsy, to be able to take a deep restful mental and emotional breath... it is so needed for our souls. I firmly beleive as humans we were made for beauty, we crave beauty, it speaks to our souls! 

So that's what I did this week... when I felt like life was just missery and we were all fiscally and emotionally down I pulled out my edible rose petals a friend gave me a few years ago that I've been saving for a special occasion, talk about unnecessary yesh today we're alive that's a special occasion! And my little one and I made rose tea and rose petal shortbread cookies. 

And after we went for a walk to see all the beautiful spring flowers in bloom, breathe some fresh air, feel the sun in our skin, and listen to the birds chirping like crazy. 

And oh what a difference it made! 

I would like to encourage you to take some time during your mundane day to enjoy the beautyful and create some whymsy, your soul will thank you... besides I am sure that's how the best memories are made and maybe future corky and fun traditions are created in the process

Luz
                     The recipe I used is here
Make sure it's culinary rose petals! You can find them in Amazon


Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...