There’s something about Spring

As I sit in my balcony while the lil’ one sleeps the afternoon nap, I can’t help but truly enjoy and meditate on the beauty of spring time.

I’ve never had the privilege to live in a place where you can experience seasons until now, and I can honestly say I love every minute of it. Well not really, I am not crazy about winter, although it does have its charm, there is something about the sleepiness and stillness of winter where everything is dormant under the surface and once spring comes around it all comes back to life!

I love the fresh feeling of spring, everything is new, the leaves and days are brighter, flowers blooming, longer afternoons, the fresh breeze, warm yet cool days, you can see the newness of it all, and especially if you like to garden like my family does.  Planting the seeds and watching the plants as they grow and wait full of hope for those warm summer days filled with fresh veggies and specially that first bite of a home grown tomato still warm from the sun.

Looking around to the blooming trees that look like they are made out of cotton candy, I am reminded of how sweet life is. After the harsh winter where everything seems dead and dreary always comes spring, where everything blooms and full of life. That’s why I like to compare the trees as cotton candy, they remind me of the sweet and new times life has to offer. We are all like those trees, we all experience winters, times where we don’t see the joy in life, times that are hard; but just like the seasons Spring always comes, a new feeling, learning and growing from our challenges, a new way to see life, we just have to make a conscious decision to trust God, that better times will come, that we will bloom in the sweetness of life and where we can share with the world our bright beautiful colors.

So this spring season I invite you to accept yourself and start to see the things in your life though eyes of gratitude, to renew your spirit, hopes, actions and faith; to bloom and show the world your beautiful and true colors. And if you know of someone who is going through a time of winter be there for them, pray for them, be a friend, and most of all be their spring.


The eternal Dreamer!


Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...