Looking at the fruits...


Starting my first blog post back with what is heavy on my soul... 

Lately the  phrase that keeps coming to mind for me is "look at the fruits of the tree"... so much wisdom from the bible verse Luke 6:43–45 (KJV): "For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit.

I look around and what I see are fruits of discord, anger, resentment, attack, division, hate, anxiety disorders worsened, panic attacks, overwhelming stress, toxic work environments, friendships shattered, sadness, discrimination... the fruits of C19? Politics? Of social media? A mixture of all? 

Then I wonder maybe our heavenly father  is taking this NOT good tree and using it for good as he always does. Maybe this whole thing in a way is allowing us- if we are willing- to heal some of those past experiences and stories we kept buried in the darkness and now are being brought to the light to be healed. 

Like @journaljunky said "the reason our society is in the condition its in because people are living in and reacting to life and others from a place of their unhealed stories driven by unprocessed emotions and triggered by experiences they haven't reconciled"

Are we open and willing to become aware of them? maybe ask our guardian angels and the Holy Spirit for guidance: why am I reacting this way? What is being triggered? What is being brought to the light for me to heal? I personally noticed it with me at the beginning I was acting a bit over the top to the point of sanitizing the bottom of my shoes, until I realized hmmmm this is triggering an unhealed story and fear that was causing unnecessary pain or also when my PTSD got triggered by wearing the mask opened my eyes to realize there had to be some healing that still needed to be done and I was given the gift (annoying gift) to face it if I was willing or I could just react and add more bad fruits...

I want to encourage everyone to try it, ask questions: why do I feel this way?, why do I think this way?, why am I getting triggered? Why is this bothering me? Could there be a shadow I am trying to run from? What am I afraid of? What's the worse that can happen? What story am I telling myself? Etc 

It is good to do this excersise on a regular basis when we are upset, anxious, feeling all over the place... I have gotten in the habit of checking in with myself and approaching it with curiosity, I am less likely to blow up but press pause and investigate that feeling before reacting.  Although sometimes I still blow up, happens with little kids that mirror all of our triggers, and then I do the excersise "hmmm that was interesting, why did I react that way? ..." 

Let's help bring some light to the darkness- both personal and in our community- by healing and plant seeds for a tree that bears the fruits of love, compassion, understanding, kindness, faith etc

Luz


Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...