Sorrow and beauty

 

Today I got to experience one of those contrasts as I mourn the loss of a dear friend and yet still had flowers to arrange and deliver to my clients… I got to bring joy to others in the midst of my sorrow, deliver smiles though my eyes were filled with tears, fill homes and offices with bright and light colors even though my heart and soul feel gray and bleak, create beauty and yet my soul feels blah… as I once more this year feel the deep sting of the death of someone so close to my heart…

I keep being reminded over and over this is not our home, not to focus on gathering worldly credentials and things but on heavenly ones instead… by bringing joy to people and ease their cross, creating memories and spending time with family and friends, spreading kindness through actions and words, love and forgive by letting go of resentments and fears, etc…

“Let your thoughts be on things above, not on the things that are on the earth…” Colossians 3:2

I came to this same street when my sister passed to stare at the beauty of the mountains, breathe the fresh air, and weep… today God took me back to this spot (as I delivered flowers to a house on this same street…) and once more here I stood, looking over the mountains, breathing the fresh air, and weeping for a sister like friend who joined my mom like sister in Heaven today

Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...