Feeling our feelings

Not many people know this but earlier on this year we had baby #2 be born straight to heaven, little Maria Jose, it was a very sad and difficult time for me as a mother. Yes, I know miscarriages happen frequently and are "normal" but the pain as a mother emotionally still stings. I the hardest part has been when people just don't understand it and little things trigger you like for example the month of October is when the due date would have been, so naturally it is a sensitive time for me and us. What I was not expecting was the mixture of emotions I felt when my friend announced she was expecting baby #2, I was of course super happy for her but at the same time sent me in a abyss of sadness reminding me of what month it is.

I believe God is in control and has a way of turning our pain and our sadness to something beautiful, so naturally I offer the pain up to God for the health of their little one but what I keep reminding myself is to "feel my feelings", feelings are ok, we are alive we are meant to FEEL. I have learned how we of course as humans don't want to suffer, we want to avoid it as much as possible, and that includes feeling, it is uncomfortable, we as humans try to bury it down by eating, shopping, working, drinking, etc just to avoid the discomfort created by just sitting and feeling. 

But it is important to remind ourselves that we are not meant to live in a constant state of happy euphoria like society tries to sell us. We are meant to feel, and feelings are not fact they are just feelings, they come and go like a cloud. But the more we try to avoid them the worse we make things for us, we become overweight, addicted, drown in debt, and our emotions are just a roller coaster.

But the only way to the other side is through, once we sit down with our feelings, name them, acknowledge them and feel them, guess what? they just leave and we feel lighter. It is ok to get angry, it is ok to cry, it is ok to feel sad, disappointed, etc we are human we are meant to feel. 

I will like to invite you to join me in feeling our feelings, to not ignore them, not stuff them, not shop them away, not pretend they don't exist but allow them to surface, feel them, and release them.


Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...