Bitter or Magical... the choice is ours

By Luz Voehl

Today I realized how important is for our life and mental peace our choices on how to view things...

Take me for example, today we woke up to a freezing morning (literally everything was frozen) in the 20F and I had the choice to be bitter about it and go straight to the hassle it was going to be to defrost the car, get the little one ready for school, the fight putting on gloves/hats/coats (all mamas of toddlers out there know what I am talking about) getting me all bundled up and to school on time.

I had the choice of seeing  it as a terrible day, setting my day up for a terrible rest of the day, being bitter and in a bad mood, complaining and just reacting OR just enjoy it, find the beauty in today, focus on all the good things of the morning. So, I chose the second (a few years back I would have ended up bitter) but today I decided to enjoy the crisp fresh air, play dragon blowing smoke with my little one, wear a cute hat and gloves, and focus on all the beauty that came from such a cold morning like the white roofs of the houses shinning like glitter when the sun hits them, the grass covered in sparkly pixy dust making it look magical, the leafs of the bushes with only the edges in white like someone had dipped the edges in sugar, and the dry leaves on the ground covered in the most interesting patterns from the ice I had ever seen.

In a simple decision my day went from "one of those days" to a magical day and the choice was mine, totally up to me, instead of being in a bad mood and bitter I was full of wonder, joy and gratitude. ... isn't that great news? we get to choose how we see things, we get to choose how to feel, we get to choose how to react, and we get to choose how our life is going to be... a war zone and battle or a magical adventure, it is all on us!


I would love to hear your stories of choices and how they affected your day too!


Popular posts from this blog

our new obsession

Triumph Muffins

Rose Cake and some things I have been pondering lately...